Monday 11 June 2007

Vino and vindaloo my arse!


Beer and curry. Curry and beer. A few beers and "How about going for a curry?" Far too many portions of curry and expensive poppadoms that you are too stuffed to bother with, but room enough for another trip back to the pub to trough back a few more beers.

Beer and wine? Er...no.

There's not a lot I can even think of to say. Visions of accountants annunciating "You dollop up the dopiaza, Francis and I'll top up the tipple. Mmmmm this Pink Elephant isn't bad eh?" Apart from I'm the one who is supposed to be "Mmmmmming" because Pink Elephant (a Portuguese rosé.....gah!) is "stylistically designed and targeted at women who eat curry".

But it's called "Pink Elephant" and it's BEER and curry not wine and curry.

They should've asked me. I'd have saved them the £1,000,000 pounds that they are destined to waste on trying to flog this anomaly to an aghast market.

Final cringe must be saved for the company's name. It's so bad that I can hardly say it. It's so bad that it is not even remotely funny and I should currently be stitching up my sides....Balti Wines!

That's like the Spaghetti Beer company telling you to drink Turin Shroud real ale with your lasagne.

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/drink/story/0,,2100062,00.html

Update: I knew it! I just knew it! Googling "curry and beer" images brings you brave oaths of "to eat curry, drink beer" desperate pleas of "give me curry and beer for dinner" an enthusiastic "dribbling curry and beer on it" and the above hilarious jape, whereas, "curry and wine" brings about a recipe for "Red wine chicken curry" (wtf?) some ponce pontificating "As to the wine, I have chosen a Luigi" a not very enticing "quiet evening of wine and curry" a "wine expert" who has the audacity to go by the name of Julian Curry and some baldy recommending sparkling reds with "Indian cuisine!"

No comments: