Monday 11 June 2007

Yeah I like procrastinating....and what of it?!

On being asked whether having a baby had hampered his song writing, Mr Jarvis Cocker replied 'No, not at all. It was probably the other way round. If you've got limited time, it makes you use it more effectively - you're more focused. If you've got all the time in the world, you tend to sit around thinking, "Oh, I'll just sharpen some pencils."'

The electric ones of course. I can't be doing with the manual variety. It's that brief moment of capturing the perfect point before going too far and snapping the end off. I find that standing leads to the most successful tapered ends. Trouble is, I really like sharpening pencils. Second only to laminating as a pleasing office-based chore.

Why all this waffle, there was supposed to be a video here, but it didn`t work out!
Think it was three years ago, in Koh Mak, Thailand. The general idea seemed to be that I would appologize for lack of email content via video, what a marvel of technology my absent friends would deem me to be; how they would forget my lack of keyboard hammering whilst enjoying the peaceful surrounds of the bay; what slight frowns would appear between their eyes at the metamorphosis of my accent.......
Oh well, another time, perhaps.

No comments: