Monday 17 May 2010

Feeling slightly homesick?

I guess I must be or else why would some sub-standard photos of bluebells make me burst into tears? It's not the obvious things that get you, it's those you have practically forgotten and, for me, flowers seem to be a theme at the moment. What weird emotions: one minute I'm wiping a tear, then I'm in shock that one of the contributors is a Japanese woman from Osaka (!!!) and then chuckling that the next one is called Harold Lloyd ("do do do do do do do/Harold Llloyd/do do do do do do do/A pair of glasses and a smile"!)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/gallery/2010/may/14/your-bluebell-photographs

A few weeks ago this small bank covered with  daffodils on Hieizan got me, and easily usurped the last of this year's cherry blossom. 

No comments: